Saturday 30 November 2013

23rd of September - Shinness Lodge - Durness

Surprisingly, after the night with gales, morning came quietly and calmly. The sky cleared up and blue colour spilled over the remote landscape, reflecting in the waters of Loch Shin.

It was the longest, and one of the hardest days of the trip...and definitely my favorite! What I have seen is difficult to put in words as they won't do the justice. I am so happy places like this still exist...I hope they will continue to be wild...forever




















































Wild A838 road, leading into more and more remote landscape ..




























Every mile brought new sky, colours, light...I felt deeply touched by its untamed beauty...





















































Lochs continued to keep me the company, either on my left or right hand side































I stopped many times to record a photo or to just look around and admire what's surrounding me..



By the end of my favourite route in Scotland - A838



 Road traffic in Scotland



 Laika waiting for tired me



 Unbelievably beautiful span of land



 Sky never stopped to pull my jaw to the ground



 No words needed....



 My faithful dog



 ......



 Arriving to the very top of Scotland!! With my amazing dog Laika!



 

After 55 wild miles, I can finally rest!!


No comments:

Post a Comment